A Nightmare on Elm Street ★½

Warning
Ok, before I write this review. I'm a huge slasher fan, and Nightmare is my favorite out of the main trio of slasher big-names. So chances are there is a lot of bias towards this movie.

Review

This movie.. is alright. For the misinformed, between 2006 and 2012 Hollywood decided to reboot as many horror franchises as they could. Friday, Black X-Mas (Which is getting another reboot), and Halloween. The diffrence between all these reboots, there was something new and innovative with them. A change, a plot-twist, even flipping the franchise on it's head. But this movie, did (almost) NONE of that.

The one change, which is actually good, is daydreaming. It was an element that could introduce a new concept, new kills, anything. But it was only used once. As a scare. Besides that, everything is a retread of the first movie. Kill on the ceiling. Check. Dragging a body right as Nancy looks over. Check. And anything they did change, was morally wrong (If you know, you know).

The cast is CW level. Katie Cassidy, Kyle Gallner are the main characters in the first half, with Rooney Mara taking over Cassidy's role in the back-half. Kyle Gallner is probably the stand-out character of this film, but that's not saying much because he has the most screentime out of the rest of the cast.

If you're a fan of slashers, watch this movie, if not. Just ignore this like it was a bad dream