Call Me by Your Name

Call Me by Your Name ★★★★½

Call Me by Your Name was a really great romance movie, a genre which I'm not really in to all that much. The two main leads shared a really likable chemistry. Their relationship felt organic and real, nothing ever felt forced. I liked how the film presented Elio developing a crush on Oliver, where you can subtlety tell that he has feelings for Oliver instead of him outright saying it. I also appreciate how there isn't a standard "main characters falling out" scene that so many other romance films do. Besides that, this film also serves as a nice 'slice of life' story, where it doesn't necessarily have a three-act structure, but instead presents events as the protagonists live their lives. The cinematography was really good, and the locations the movie took place in were often beautiful. The acting all around is really good. I'd say my only problems with the movie are that it felt just a little too long, and one of the characters being a minor didn't quite sit right with me at first. Other than that, this is a really good romance film that presents an honest relationship. I'm really glad I was recommended this.

ZombieTrex liked these reviews