Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 ★★★

Firstly, i totally love the first film so i had big expectations on this followup. Overall i think this film delivered nicely, not quite as good as the first one, but still full of super awesome moments.

This film started out with a prolog which was kinda weird i think, and kinda got me off on the wrong foot. Only after that finished and the film started did the laughs begin.

I think the main difference between this and the last one was that the ‘food universe’ was already established, so it wasn’t quite as amazing this time round. And because there were so many food animals all on screen at once, i didn’t really get to enjoy each and every one. It was perhaps a little too busy.

The films antagonist was kinda freaky, had a weird animation style, and looked like a steve-jobs-meets-colonel-sanders type thing. I didn’t really like his design. He was moody and bit of a dick, and kinda annoying. The thing i did like about him and his company was the use of the hexagonal shapes. the design of his company looked fantastic.

The animation was amazing though, the design, the colors, the mood. it was stunning.

The story was fine. Not as interesting as the first film. But there were still lots of really awesome jokes in this one. Some a lot funnier than the first movie. I loved the ‘Celebrate’ gag. So pretty too!

Steve obviously stole the shoe as always, and also the pickles going fishing for sardines. Loved them.

All in all, a good film, with lots of fun moments, jokes, and great design. I just wish the story was a little more interesting, and that the antagonist character had a little more motive.